Jenny Bird (JB) is Canada’s fastest growing accessory brand.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our Senior Management team to run operations as we lead the industry and pursue our next phase of growth. Must be a strategic thinker, yet also analytical and organized.
We look for people that are down-to-earth, but top of their fields; that lead graciously, yet with authority. Team players that will be dedicated to a growth company, and ambitious to establish the processes it needs.
In partnership with the Executive team, set the annual financial targets and develop the strategic operational plans to get there.
Manage the finances and develop weekly and monthly reporting of key metrics to share with the CFO re: how we are doing to plan.
Manage the supply chain, the inventory and fulfillment to all customers.
Work closely with the Executive team to address any operational pain points that are hindering success, proactively find solutions and roll them out.
Develop and put into place much needed operational and employee policies, as well as work flow processes across the functional groups.
Bring forth new ideas to increase operational efficiency within JB.
Oversee a complex supply chain from purchase orders to importing to fulfilling our customers.
INVENTORY PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Inventory planning and procurement to ensure adequate levels to meet demand at all times and to hit revenue targets.
- Analyze sales data to support decision making on inventory purchases.
- Research, select and set-up a new inventory management system.
- Manage our 3rd party fulfillment partners (warehouses in Toronto and New Jersey), including instructing them on how to ship/package the product, negotiating rates, etc.
- Oversee Fulfillment of larger more complicated orders (international) from head office.
Working closely with the CFO, develop the annual financial plan and prepare annual budget, including all sales targets and expense budgets. Communicating these to the stakeholders/functions on the team who need their functional budgets and sales targets.
STRATEGIC PRODUCT PRICING AND CONTROL
Manage product pricing and margins with CFO and Director of Sales.
Work with Production Manager to manage product costs down and approve all POs.
Continuously analyzing and improving supply chain efficiency and costs (e.g. shipping costs).
TRACKING AND APPROVAL
- Managing Accounts Receivable and tracking balances; reconciling wholesale revenue shipped vs billed and following up for collections with team.
- Oversee all Bookkeeping:
- recording of revenues and expenses.
- paying suppliers (showrooms, factories, etc.).
- processing of payments received.
- *manage 3rd party bookkeeper who will be supporting this role.
- Design and produce weekly and monthly reporting with key operational and financial performance metrics to be shared with Executive team.
- Approval of expenses by functional groups.
- Manage the day-to-day needs of our growing team.
- Ensure each team member has a clear job description and goals, adequate resources and are held accountable for their role.
- Ensure studio space has what it needs re: equipment, furnishings, etc., for an efficient and functional work environment. Putting the Employee Handbook and other policies in place
- Communicating policies and procedures
- Recruitment: help the Executive team with sourcing talent and on-boarding and help to identify gaps in the organization.*
- Offers and Terminations
- Vacation Tracking
- *Manage 3rd party HR consultant/recruiters supporting this role.
- Degree in business administration, operations management or finance (BA or MA), or proven directly relevant experience.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 yrs relevant experience including 3 years management experience.
- Experience with accounting and/or financial management. o Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with HR administration, a bonus.
- Experience in a physical products company, e-commerce or apparel preferred.
- Solid operational skills including problem solving, project management and ability to work proactively and under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communications. Natural social ability to manage and motivate multiple key stakeholders.
- Proven self-directed leader with strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact, patience and strong team mentality.
OTHER QUALIFYING CHARACTERISTICS
- Entrepreneurial drive; someone who wants to be part of building our success story, and who can commit to the establishing processes amidst our rapid growth.
- An analytical thinker who proactively problem solves ahead of bringing problems to the Executive management.
- Comfort with web-based platforms and software including Quickbooks
- A can-do attitude and willingness to do what it takes to drive the business forward.
- An ability to operate and lead others calmly when there is ambiguity and unpredictable curve balls or challenges.
- Ability and commitment to establish processes in the midst of an unpredictable growth environment.
- Confidence in one’s ability to figure things out if they are unfamiliar or particularly challenging.
- A positive attitude and natural inclination to persist enthusiastically.
- Excellent common sense and judgment.
- Overall a lover of business, someone who enjoys working with people, has a sense of humour, a positive spirit and generally loves life!