JENNY BIRD, eCommerce Director
Salary: To be disclosed
The eCommerce Director is responsible for achieving monthly eCommerce revenue targets and operating our digital flagship stores, jenny-bird.com and jenny-bird.ca.
Annual business objectives for the digital channel are established by the Executive team (e.g.: monthly revenue targets for each site, mailing list growth rate, etc). The Director provides feedback to the objectives and is responsible for devising a strategic plan to meet them. The Director then manages the execution of that plan, including all members of the JB eComm team and other external digital partners involved in its execution.
1. Works with executive team to set the seasonal (bi-annual) business goals and budget for the digital channel. Although the primary focus will be to drive revenue to the flagship stores (jenny-bird.com and jenny-bird.ca), the role encompasses the entire digital channel and so also includes partner apps, SM platforms, etc.
2. Designs a digital business plan to meet those goals within a set budget. The plan likely will include, but is not limited to:
- Digital Advertising Plan
- Affiliate Marketing Plan
- SEO Plan
- Content Marketing Plan
- Customer Experience and Segmentation Initiatives
- Collection Drop Strategies
- Email Marketing Calendar
- Sales and Promotions
- Web Exclusive Product Drop Schedule
- Site Updates and Merchandising Schedule
- Influencer Collaborations
- TV Partnerships and Promos
3. Designs contingency plans when sales are not trending towards goals to make up for any lost opportunities.
4. Manages the eCommerce team and external partners to execute on the above initiatives daily, ensuring deadlines are met.
5. General Manager of the digital flagship stores:
- Ensures both sites are operating optimally daily, immediately identifying and remedying any bugs that appear with the ecommerce team or third party web developer as needed.
- Keeps the stores “fresh” by brainstorming and acting on new ideas for doing so, and at a minimum, ensuring the Site Updates Schedule is executed.
- Monitors, tests and implements website apps to improve conversion on .com and .ca.
- Establishes inventory management processes for both stores (.com/.ca). This will require collaboration with the JB fulfillment team and potential implementation of new software.
6. Responsible for Ensuring Customer Packaging and Fulfillment is Satisfactory and Functioning Properly:
- Ensures US and Canadian warehouse integration with Shopify is functioning properly daily.
- Brief warehouse partners on packaging procedures and ensure they are executing them properly.
- Instruct warehouses if special packaging is required for a specific promotion or other initiative.
7. Customer Experience Champion:
- Ensures our online customers receive a best-in-class experience and champions for that level of experience every, ensuring all eComm members keep this goal top of mind, and by making every decision with this in mind.
- When operating the sites daily, help all team members keep the goal of a best-in-class customer experience top of mind and make decisions based on what will ensure we deliver this.
- Ensures our Customer Service policies are communicated clearly on both sites including but not limited to: Return Policy, Shipping policies, etc.
- Updates Customer Service team on any active sales or promotions and makes sure they have the tools they need to respond to all customer inquiries.
- Develops a Customer Service Protocol and train the JB staff interfacing with online customers (live chat and phone).
- Communicates with customers directly as necessary if issues escalate.
8. Runs the VIB program. Determines the program offerings each season (e.g.: pre-shops, special studio visits, etc) builds them into the email calendar and executes them. Suggests the criteria for who qualifies for VIB and continuously ensures the members are updated.
9. Works to leverage the data in Shopify to better target relevant messages to specific groups of customers. Proposes new ideas constantly for data-driven tactics/promos (e.g.: earring promo for earring shoppers, promo for those who are only deal shoppers or those that live internationally, etc).
10. Continuously ideating ways to improve the customer experience online and bringing suggestions to the executive team.
11. Continuously looking for and evaluating technical website optimization opportunities.
12. Identifies affiliate partners to suggest to Executive team. Manages our contract and relationship with them and ensures the partnership is worthwhile by tracking results. Current affiliate partners may include: Lyst, Spring, Covet, Fancy, Luv.it, Linkshare, RewardStyle.
13. Manages all digital advertising partners and the execution of our plan with them, tracks performance and reports to executive team.
CHECK AND ACT - BUDGET MONITORING AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
1. Monitor Budget and Results and Adapt Plans Accordingly.
2. Monitors budget weekly.
3. Tracks results weekly of all tactics via Shopify and Google Analytics.
4. Develops key metrics for the digital channel and a reporting dashboard.
5. Educates the eComm team on why we monitor those metrics and how to measure results.
6. Conducts A/B Testing and other optimization tactics on emails, banner ads, site pages etc.
7. Evaluates the success of all tactics and acts on learnings by adapting future approaches.
8. Compiles a monthly report for Executive team including the dashboard and suggestions for adaptations to short term plans based on learnings.
9. Improves seasonal plans and strategic approaches based on learnings
10. Constantly looking for new digital marketing opportunities to increase awareness and acquisition.
11. Implements contingency plans if sales are not trending towards goal.
12. Reports on weekly social media results and provides feedback to Creative Director and Digital Content Manager to improve results.
13. Reports on email marketing and constantly works towards improving open rates, click through rates and conversion rates.
1. The current following positions directly report to the eCommerce Director:
-Digital Content Manager
-Studio Coordinator and Customer Experience Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS:- 5+ Years in eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing
- 3+ years experience working with a Shopify store
- 3+ years experience managing a team.
- Experience developing a digital business plan and executing it.
- Knowledge and experience working with Rukaten Marketing
- Working HTML/CSS experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Webmaster, Google Tag - Manager, and Google Merchandiser Feeds .
- Working knowledge of Facebook Advertising
- Self-starter; ability to motivate and align team members to drive the eCommerce business forward each day as a unified team, while working independently and updating Executive management only as necessary.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a must; thrives in a fast-paced, tumultuous growth environment and is passionate about growing a business.
*Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line eCommerce Director.
**We will also be opening up a Marketing Director Role shortly. This role will oversee all Wholesale and eCommerce marketing initiatives. If this is something of interest please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Marketing Director.