JUNIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
JENNY BIRD is looking for an enthusiastic and data loving Junior Financial Accountant to join our Finance team. This position supports the Financial Reporting Manager and requires someone who is comfortable with basic bookkeeping skills and generally accepted accounting principles.
At JENNY BIRD, the Finance Team oversees and manages the tracking, processing, and reporting of all business transactions in addition to performing key financial analyses and forecasting. The Junior Financial Accountant will directly report to the Financial Reporting Manager and will mainly work on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank/Credit Card Reconciliations and the month-end close process.
We look for people who are ambitious, willing to roll up their sleeves, bring a sense of humour to the office, and enjoy the fast-paced environment of an entrepreneurial growth company.
YOU ARE / HAVE:
● A degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance
● CPA, CA, CMA or CGA enrollment, with 1+ years’ experience in an accounting function
● An obsession with detail, enjoy data entry and strive for accuracy
● Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
● An inquisitive and analytical nature
● A self-starter with problem solving skills
● An ability to be flexible and have a positive attitude when faced with complexity
● Focus; ability to zone in and focus on data entry in an dynamic environment
● Extensive MS Excel skills, including pivot tables. ERP experience is a plus. JENNY BIRD’s ERP system is BrightPearl – experience with other systems such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite is great!
● Support the Financial Reporting Manager in our purchases and payables process while owning the JENNY BIRD accounting inbox
● Review and enter all payables transactions including vendor invoices & credit card expenses
● Manage the accounts receivables process including the timely collection of A/R, processing & entering payment remittances from customers
● Complete bank, credit card and other key general ledger account reconciliations to assist the Financial Reporting Manager in the month-end close process
● Populate reporting dashboards as required (cash flow forecasts, weekly stakeholder reporting, month-end statements)
● Keep track of expenditures and sales for special projects the company is evaluating ROI on
● Perform data entry, administrative and other bookkeeping tasks as required
JENNY BIRD does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this role sounds like the perfect fit for you, please email: email@example.com with your resume and a brief intro!