JUNIOR JEWELRY DESIGNER
HOURS: Part-Time with opportunity to become Full-Time
SALARY: To be disclosed
Leading jewelry designer, Jenny Bird, founded her eponymous line in 2008. Bird is a natural creative with an intuitive sense for trends and an eye for beauty and design. A cult-favourite among IT girls and celebrity stylists, the brand has experienced explosive growth with her bold, modern designs carried in leading fashion retailers worldwide.
Forever evolving and expanding, the JENNY BIRD ethos remains the same, with a focus on creating design-led, contemporary essentials and modern statement pieces. Bird’s formidable business success, creative ingenuity, and desire for ‘the new’ drives collection after collection.
JENNY BIRD is looking for a dynamic and experienced junior jewelry designer to help develop designs that correctly reflect the brand’s aesthetic and overall vision. We are seeking someone who has a keen interest in fashion and is able to understand the brand DNA through its products. This individual should be creatively motivated, curious and most importantly pro-active. This position is based in our Toronto office, but will report to our Design Director in Montreal.
Requirements & Skills
- Minimum 1-5 years experience in jewelry design
- Experience designing and illustrating new jewelry concepts and styles
- Ability to translate preliminary sketches into final designs
- Comfortable in building a collection out of a few initial inspirations
- Proficiency in using Illustrator. Rhino and 3D rendering skills are a plus
- Skilled at preparing technical packages / specs and communicating all important details to our production partner
- Possess luxury goods market knowledge and a strong fashion sense
- Basic jewelry bench experience (beading, etc) is preferable as there will be mocking-up needs and hands-on necessities
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong teamwork ethic
- Loves working in a creative, dynamic, non-corporate environment with a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- An ability to roll with the punches in an ever-changing environment
- A sense of humor is mandatory
If you’re interested in working with us please send your resume, an example of your work as a jewelry designer (from hand sketches to 2D renderings) and examples of a tech packs you’ve created to firstname.lastname@example.org.