Where Our Jewelry is Made
TAt Jenny Bird, it is of the utmost importance to us that our products are sourced and manufactured responsibly. We believe it is our responsibility to be socially conscious, global citizens, both in how we convey our message and carry out our business. We proudly manufacture our jewelry in Qingdao, China. Specifically, in the province of Shadong, south-east of Beijing. Check out our map below for reference.
The May Wind sculpture in the historic May Fourth square of Qingdao, China.
The neighbourhood surrounding the factory.
• We trialled factories from around the world and found the samples that came back from a small factory in Qingdao were far and above the best quality.
• Qingdao is a hub for fashion jewelry production, with many of the best brands in the world choosing the city’s factories for their superior technology and skill in brass-based jewelry production.
• After trying for several years, we simply could not match the same level of end product quality and value to consumer from using suppliers in North America. We work closely with our Qingdao partners and proudly stand behind the quality of each piece.
LET’S TALK SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
• We do not work with or support any manufacturer, supplier, or business partner of any kind that we have reason to believe is conducting their business in a socially irresponsible manner.
• We choose factory partners who have regular social compliance audits, and who share the audit reports with us.
• We visit our factories in Qingdao, China annually to meet with management in person, observe the workers’ environment, and ensure that our products are being produced there.
• When sourcing new manufacturers and materials, we work with a western-based partner company, who focuses on identifying new ethical factories that will meet our needs.