Jenny Bird is a self-taught designer who is passionate about growing a female-led business, which has seen explosive growth since the brand’s inception in 2008. As a multi-disciplinary creative, Bird initially started her label with handbags, and then expanded into jewelry in 2010, which quickly proved to be her passion. Her pieces—which often command cult followings —are available in leading fashion retailers worldwide, from Nordstrom to Revolve, Indigo and Harvey Nichols.
Our wholesale business operates in a very sophisticated, efficient manner. Our systems, inventory management, shipping and customer service are industry leading. We are seeking a candidate who exemplifies this same level of excellence, organization and professionalism.
As the administrator for the wholesale team, you’ll report directly to our in-house Sr. Sales Manager and Sales Planner.
This administrative position is vital to the daily operations of the wholesale channel, as you will support our sales team members with a behind-the-scenes approach to process orders efficiently while keeping operations moving smoothly and efficiently.
As the wholesale administrator, you possess a keen eye for detail and are exceptionally organized. This role is responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of our online wholesale ordering platforms while supporting our wholesale customers inquiries via email and telephone. This individual will assist the sales team with day-to-day administrative tasks and processes which provide a seamless buying experience for our stockists.
If you have exceptional organizational skills and draw energy from being a part of a team but prefer to be in a behind-the-scenes position, we would like to meet you!
● Administering orders received through our online ordering platform (JOOR) and ERP (Bright Pearl)
● While the wholesale team travels to show collections internationally several times per year, you will remain in JB headquarters as the main point of contact for immediate inquiries, keeping the office operations moving.
● Supporting our third-party reps with all inquiries: inventory requests, tracking requests, replacements and credit notes.
● Ensuring sample sets, brand assets and displays are sent to all 3rd party reps for each new collection, as well as all major stockist requests.
● Owning and managing our online wholesale ordering platform JOOR (line sheets, orders, creating events for markets, uploading new collections to JOOR every 8 weeks, new product image uploads, sku upload)
● Coordinating with the JENNY BIRD fulfilment team regarding any special-order requirements and order processing inquiries as well as backorder management
● Supporting the Sr. Sales Manager with administrative duties required to support Wholesale Marketing initiatives.
● Administrative management of product set up spreadsheets for major stockists (i.e. Nordstrom, Indigo)
Example Of Your Daily Work:
This is a fast-paced environment that will require you to volley between a series of crucial tasks to keep the department humming. For example, during peak period (thrice annually for 1-2 months each period) a typical day could look like: processing over 35 stockist orders, prepping and shipping samples, responding to ongoing stockist inquiries via phone, all while devoting at least two hours to completing new product set up forms for our biggest retail partners.
While you are supporting a sales-focused department, a sales background is not a must-have. We are looking for someone who thrives off organization and can keep the wholesale department moving smoothly. Are you more organized than a NASA ground controller? We need to chat!
● Post-secondary education degree or diploma.
● Exceptional attention to detail. (i.e., completing daily tasks with accuracy and meeting deadlines).
● Superior time management skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are equally comfortable taking daily phone calls with clients and taking instruction from team members.
● Ability to prioritize daily tasks while anticipating potential roadblocks ahead and utilizing your best problem-solving skills to figure it all out.
● Strong knowledge of MS Office and very comfortable with Excel.
● Creative thinking skills—we love to see you think outside the box!
● Ability to work well under pressure.
We would love to hear more about you and your interest in this position, so please reach out to Tifany at Tifany@jenny-bird.com and introduce yourself. Please include a resume and cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
JENNY BIRD does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.